My Christmas List
This time of year always brings me back to my childhood and the wonderful memories I have of growing up in a home that loves Jesus! Everything was about family, food and fun. We were very involved in Christmas pageants and singing Christmas carols at malls, nursing homes, and around our dinner table.
Unfortunately geography keeps me separated from my parents and only sister. So, keeping up the traditions is a little challenging. However, we make efforts to see each other for Christmas or Thanksgiving at least every other year.
I am sure many families are in similar situations or…maybe worse. but let’s not dwell on sad moments. This is the time of year to celebrate the birth of our Savior! He came that we might have life…celebrate!
MY CHRISTMAS LIST…well it includes the following:
1. Spend more time making memories…even little ones (reading a favorite Christmas story- we love The Legend of the Candy Cane)
2. Share cookies or treats with neighbors-(then maybe I won’t eat them all).
3. Spend more time writing reflective thoughts in my journal- (Give myself at least 30 minutes of “ALONE” time)... what is that?…right?!
4. Create at least one homemade gift (maybe even multiple times).
5. Simplify my life and learn to say “no” (not easy…I know!)
What is on your Christmas List?